This was my first year participating in the Australian Women Writers Challenge and I really enjoyed it. I will be signing up for next year’s challenge for sure. This year I said I would read 15 books by Australian women writers and managed to do that easily, so next year I’ll double it and go for 30.
Out of the 15 books I read for the challenge, all were YA books except for 2. The 2 books for adults that I read were the first and second in a series.
Here is a list of all the books I read and what I rated them. You can click on the underlined links and be taken to Goodreads to find out more about the books.
1. All This Could End by Steph Bowe. 4 stars.
2. Unlucky Break by Kate Forster. 4 stars.
3.Museum of Thieves by Lian Tanner. 5 stars.
4. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta. 5 stars.
6. Sweet Damage by Rebecca James. 4 stars.
7.Three Summers by Judith Clarke. 4 stars.
8.Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres. 4 stars.
9. Haze Paula Weston. 5 stars.
10.The Heiresses by Allison Rushby. 4 stars.
11. Between The Lives by Jessica Shirvington. 5 stars.
12. A Corner Of White by Jaclyn Moriarty. 5 stars.
13. Black Sun Light My Way by Jo Spurrier. 4 stars.
14. The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta. 5 stars.
15. Zac and Mia by A.j Betts. 5 stars.
All the books I read I enjoyed and would recommend. We have some great writers in this country and I’m really glad for challenges like this one that helps promote them.