It’s Valentine’s Day and love is in the air and all that, so I thought I’d share with you my favourite couples from the YA books I’ve read instead of doing a review today. I’m looking at my bookshelf and this list has the potential to be huge, so I’m going to list only 15 of my favourite couples. I was thinking 10 at first but it was too hard to narrow it down. They aren’t in any order either.
As a warning, this list may be a little spoilery if you haven’t read the books so read at your own risk.
1. Finnikin and Evanjalin from Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. This book is amazing by the way, if you haven’t read it you should. Finnikin and Evanjalin are just one of the couples I love in this trilogy, I love them all!
2. Taylor and Jonah Griggs from On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Oh my gosh. Read this book, I mean, just read it now! I don’t know anyone who has read this book and has not fallen madly in love with Jonah Griggs.
3. Simon and Isabelle from The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare. I heart these two so much. I’m hoping for a happy ending for them but who knows what Clare has install for us. I’m limiting this list to 15 so I am going to cheat and say another of my favourites are Tessa and Jem from The Infernal Devices 😉
4. Karou and Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I just love, love, love their story. I’m dying waiting for Dreams of Gods and Monsters.
5. Ash and Meghan from the Iron Fey series. Oh how I love Ash. These two are so brilliant together. I just love this series so much. Sigh.
6. Tris and Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth. These two stole my heart in Divergent. I especially loved that there was no love triangle involved in their relationship. (Not that I don’t love a good love triangle.)
7. Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Gale never charmed me, I was team Peeta from the very beginning. These two were just perfect for each other and I could read their story over and over and over again. (and watch it.)
8. Echo and Noah from Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry. I loved this story. It was so incredibly good. Okay, I’m going to cheat again and say I also loved Beth and Ryan from Dare You To. I haven’t read Crash Into You yet, but I’m sure I’ll love Isaiah and Rachel too.
9. Gaby and Rafa from Shadows by Paula Weston. These two 🙂 The chemistry is amazing. US, you are getting this book in September, I think, and you should look out for it, it was amazing.
10. Aurora and Hayden from How To Keep A Boy From Kissing You by Tara Eglington. Total swoon. Seriously. This book was so funny. I’m not sure if it’s available internationally but as soon as it is you should read this is you love hilarious romantic contemporaries.
11. Lena and Julian from Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. I know so many people love Alex, and I loved him too in Delirium, but he was gone and I moved on with Lena and I really like Julian and Lena and thought it was a little cruel what Lauren Oliver did.
12. Isabelle and Cole from the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater. I loved Sam and Grace too, but I have a soft spot for these two. I can’t wait to read Sinner.
13. Puck and Sean from the Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. These two are so perfect for each other. I’m head over heels for these two. Another couple that I’m glad had no love triangle.
14. Ashala and Justin from the Interrogation Of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina. This series has just been released in the US so be sure to read it. It is an awesome dystopian.
15. Celaena and Chaol from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. This was one love triangle that really had me torn, but in the end I’m leaning more toward Chaol. I’m yet to read Crown of Midnight and can’t wait to see what happens.
That’s my list. Who are some of your favourite YA couples? Are there any of your favourites on my list?