Today I am very EXCITED to be part of the cover reveal for The Book Of Days, a YA fantasy by debut Australian author K.A.Barker. To celebrate her cover being revealed, K.A is hosting an AMAZING giveaway. But first, here is the awesome cover:
Look at that amazing quote from John Marsden!!!
Here’s the Synopsis:
Most people believe the best way to forget someone is to throw them down a well. Or lock them in a room with eight keys, or bury them at a crossroad in the thirteenth hour. But they’re wrong. The best way to forget someone is for them never to have existed in the first place.
When sixteen-year-old Tuesday wakes from sleep for the first time, she opens her eyes to a world filled with wonder – and peril. Left with only a letter from the person she once was, Tuesday sets out to discover her past with the help of her charming and self-serving guide, Quintalion.
Along the way she runs into one-legged mercenaries, flying cities, airships, and a blind librarian. But danger lurks amidst the steam. Tuesday will need all her wits to survive long enough to find out who she is and her connection with the mysterious Book of Days: a book that holds untold power …
How awesome does it sound? I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy!
Here’s a little bit about K.A.Barker:
K. A. Barker is a twenty-something writer from Brisbane, Australia. She writes books about imaginary places and impossible deeds. Her first Young Adult novel, The Book of Days, is due out in September from Pan Macmillan Australia. She is fond of dirigibles, good books, shower singing, cheesy adventure movies, and time periods not her own.
And now for the amazing GIVEAWAY that K.A.Barker is hosting on her website:
To celebrate the cover reveal of The Book of Days, I am giving you not one, not two, but three ways to win some awesome swag:
1. Let me hear your dulcet chirps as you spread the news on twitter. Talk about The Book of Days, its snazzy cover, the giveaway. Heck, you can even mention that I’m the world’s worst shower singer for extra brownie points. Make sure you include my handle in the tweet or I’m not going to be able to see your amazing 140 characters.
2. I’ve got seven lovely blogs covering my cover reveal (ew, bad pun). Just so that I’m not making you see the same cover in seven different places, I’ve asked a different question on each of the blogs. Once you’ve answered the questions, email me your answers at k.a.barkerwrites [at] gmail [dot] com for a chance to win a prize.
3. My blog is gathering tumbleweeds. It’s making me cry harder than those creepy 1970s pictures of kids crying, but you can help me. Check out my articles, leave a non-spammy comment, and you’ll enter into the draw to win a prize. Bribery… what’s that?
And what’s the super awesome amazing no-holds-barred prize?
The lucky tweeter, question answerer, and commenter will each win:
1. A signed copy of The Book of Days when it’s released in September.
2. A $30 gift voucher to the bookstore of your choice so you can feed this strange reading addition.
3. A hug if we ever happen to meet, to be delivered either a) bone-crunchingly hard, or b) awkward family reunion.
And here’s my special question for you to answer:
What type of deeds does K.A. Barker write about?
a) Slightly difficult deeds
b) Deeds that you promise to do but don’t really mean it
c) Impossible deeds
d) Totally plausible and everyday deeds like walking the dog
Go to K.A.Barker’s website to get the links to the other questions. Good luck everyone!