Every year since it began I have joined the Australian Women Writers Challenge. Basically you commit to reading a certain number of books by Australian women. We have some amazing authors in this country and I love to support them.
You get to choose your level:
- Stella: read 4 – if reviewing, review at least 3
- Miles: read 6 – if reviewing, review at least 4
- Franklin: read 10 – if reviewing, review at least 6
- Create your own challenge: nominate your own goal e.g. “Classics Challenge”.
I always choose to create my own challenge. This year I will read 40 books by Australian women and review 20 of them.
If you want to be part of the challenge, you can find out more, or sign up here.
Some of the books I am excited to be reading this year are:
1. North Star Guide Me Home by Jo Spurrier. I love this series but still haven’t gotten around to reading the last book which came out in 2014! I will make sure to read it this year.
2. My Best Friend Is A Goddess by Tara Eglington because her books are so funny.
3. A Letter From Italy by Pamela Hart because her historicals are superb.
4. In The Skin Of A Monster by Kathryn Baker because this sounds amazing.
5. Corpselight by Angela Slatter because Vigil was awesome and I can’t wait for this to come out in July.
6. Begin, End, Begin edited by Danielle Binks because I love both YA and anthologies.
7. Tallow by Karen Brooks because it has been on my to-read list forever and I just got my hands on a copy.
8. The Reluctant Jillaroo by Kaz Delaney because her books are also funny, and I love funny, and books set in the country 🙂
9. Valentine by Jodi McAlister because this sounds really good.
10. The Undercurrent by Paula Weston. She is one of my fav authors and I have been waiting for a new book from her since the Rephaim series ended. I just know it is going to be brilliant.
I am really looking forward to the challenge this year and hope you all will join me 🙂